Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Defiant Mourinho - 'I think I'm still special'

The Portuguese, who departed Stamford Bridge by mutual agreement last week, made his now famous proclamation upon his arrival in England and believes he proved himself to be just that during his three-year stay.

The Blues enjoyed the most successful period in their history under Mourinho's stewardship, the former Porto manager leading them to their first league title in 50 years in his first season in charge before repeating the feat the following campaign.

'I took a chance in saying that I was special, but I think there are now a lot of people who would sign up to that,' Mourinho told Portuguese newspaper Maisfutebol.

'I think I'm still special. I achieved good things and it was a fantastic period in my career. I'll try to forget the bad things and remember the good ones, which are endless.'

During Mourinho's reign Chelsea were never beaten on home soil in any of their 42 home league matches and Blues' fans chanted their former manager's name during their defeat to Manchester United on Sunday.

2 comments:

Thevan said...

lol.. hows the blog comin along ? lookin good fr tis end !

tt.

Jey said...

Thanks bro, really spending some hours on it... Always room to learn something new each day....